Thursday, August 10, 2006

first blog...

Prologue
hehe.... this blog seems to come a little too late! i wanted to start blogging in may, right after my final exams. thought i could get my blog going during this summer holidays... well, dunno what happened?! managed to update a few pics of me & my housemates & tada... the space is left to rot!


Penang Trip (1-7 June 2006)
to be honest, i'm quite `busy` in this 3 months break . i spent 1 week in penang @ early June. gotta thank my friends, Corina & Alvin, for spending time to bring me around Penang. other than tasting good food, i finally found something i've longed for, the dvd-set of Return of The Condor Heroes 95! imagine i've searched thru kl, but found the boxset in penang . actually, i failed in my searching mission as this series is nowhere to be seen in most of the malls, e.g Perangin Mall, One Stop, Bukit Jambul etc. thx to corina's sister for getting me this boxset from the market near her house (Bkt Mertajam). A million thanks!!!

after the penang trip, i still had about 1 week++ to relax before starting internship. well, i spent most of the time watching tvb series that were collected during the semester. too busy then to watch, thus i have a huge library of tvb series waiting for me! i'm still wondering if i should keep them or to discard them? these media files are really eating up my harddisk space. gosh, even the external hdd is
already 95% full .

Final Year Dissertation
Just before our final exam, we were told to start preparing for the final year project. I've talked to a few lecturers, including daniel su, payam, & michael chung. the more people i talk to, the harder it gets for me to make up my mind. i just dunno what my interests are... finally, selvaraj sent us a list which shows the assignment of supervisor for those students who have yet to find one. guess what, i am assigned to daniel su! since he is one of the candidates as my supervisor, i decided to go along with the list. i like his style of pushing & giving deadlines before deadlines. i don't hope to repeat the scenario of SE project, where i did so much work in my final week of the semester! haha...i can only blame myself for that

Internship
16 June 2006 - the 1st day as an intern. The pc for me has not been set up yet, so the boss gave me 2 books to read. "Sam's Teach Yourself MySQL in 24 hours" & "Linux for Dummies". Wow, reading the MySQL book reminds me of exam as most of the contents are exactly similar to that of G52DBS. Phew...why do i still have to read that book?! its just a pastime for me to fill up my 1st day of work! BORING...

i only got my pc on the following week. i get to disassemble & assemble my own pc, with the help of my colleague of course. my task is to build a website for the company using php & mySQL. had to learn php in order to complete the task. its quite similar to other web programming language, but syntax holds the main difference. not a big problem for me as i have done websites before in ASP. however, designing a professinal website remains a headache to me! i must admit that i have no artistic flair to be able to come up with something attractive. i can only guarantee the functionality part; design-wise...

Accommodation
Sigh... this is 1 issue where i regretted the most! i totally ruined a friendship!

dear ling wei,

if you so happened to read my blog, i must tell you i'm sorry once more!
i know you have been thru a tough time.
although you've said the problem has been settled, i think i still owe you on this.
really sorry!

the accommodation office finally gave a reply regarding the application for the studio. i am really glad they have approved the application coz i'd have like to stay on-campus due to various reasons. however, my suppose-to-be roommate decided to stay off-campus. her mom even tried to persuade me to stay with her! i'm doomed coz i've gotta find myself a new roommate when most of the people have settled their accommodation problem. it must be punishment from god! i was quite worried for a few days...

i finally went back to Unim @ 1 Aug as there was a feedback session with daniel su. George, under the same supervisor, also went that day, and he brought along a friend, Tze Hui. She just came back from uk a few days ago. we went to see Selena & Donald & hope that they would allow Tze Hui to take over my rommmate's place. thank god it was approved & luckily i've got someone i know as my roommate! thx to george
too but i just don't wanna say it in front of him! haha...

Epilogue
i guess that's more than enough for my 1st blog. the above written is a summary of what happened to me in the period of June, July & 1st week of August. hope that i can continue to update this blog as frequently as possible. till then, adios...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home