Friday, March 23, 2007

A Week of Mixed Events...

Monday:
as i had to see my supervisor today, i have been trying to do as much as possible, let it be documentation or prototyping, in order to have something to show him. i was really nervous before our meeting as i was afraid that he will lecture me for doing so little since seeing him 2 weeks ago. he set it on monday to see the progress of all his tutees. luckily, he didn't say much after viewing my prototype. he just asked a few technical questions, which i somehow managed to justify my explanations. i promised to send him chapter 4 by next monday, but i have yet to really put into words till now...

i was relieved after our meeting ended. went back to my room as there was still an hour to go before the DDB class starts. asked my friend to install the dvd writer i have bought last saturday. the installation was successful and i instantly burnt my first dvd just to test it out. i was really happy when everything went smoothly without glitches. finally, i can store all the tvb series i have downloaded into dvds and lessen the load on my pc harddisk. got a ride back to kl from my friend after class ended. i have to go home as i have something to settle at the bank.


Tuesday:
life at home is really good. what else would i do other than eating and watching tv? moreover, i get to eat my mom's cooking after stuffing myself with outside food for the past week. i also get to see Desperate Housewives on 8TV, which i don't get to watch in campus.


Wednesday:
woke up at 6am so that i could get back to semenyih by 9am. i had a lab class in the morning, which isn't compulsory for us to attend. i went there anyway just to start doing my IAW assignment. i knew i would have wasted that morning if i choose to come back in the afternoon. i was struggling as i am not that familiar with xsl. yet, i still managed to do something at least. i have to finish this assignment asap because i have 2 other assignments plus my thesis to deal with. the due dates are getting nearer and nearer...

went for badminton at nite with my coursemates. we played for almost 2 hours and had a nice sweat out. it somehow released some stress after struggling with my assignments earlier on. played a little squash and ping pong as well.


Thursday:
i have heard a rumour that may land me in hot water if it is true! it seems that my supervisor have some health problems and he's taking 2 weeks off for some reason. the scariest part is he may not be back anymore should anything goes wrong! i was taken aback when i heard it. i am really worried if this is true, meaning that i will be assigned to another supervisor, who has no idea on what my project is about. my supervisor later sent us an email asking us to meet him next monday. everything will be clarified by then and i hope it is just a normal meeting.

went for squash training later at nite. it was still raining at 8pm but then slowed to a drizzle by 8.30pm. i called my coach to see if the training is still on. apparently, both of them were there but no one else turned up. they persuaded me to join the open tournament, which will be held next week. i don't really wanna join for a few reasons. i am not confident in winning and really afraid that i may be knocked out on the 1st round. my coach told me he wasn't confident also and it's not all about winning. had a chat with a friend later at night and she said i should not refrain myself from joining just because of one person. both of them have their points and they did inspire me to view this in another angle. still contemplating at this moment.


Friday:
i have locked myself in the room for the whole day trying to finish the IAW assignment. there is only one part left but that is the most difficult part as well. i am really frustrated as i have been stuck for quite some time now. called my friend for help but the problem is yet to be solved. have to try my luck again and i believe i can overcome "you"!

thought about the tournament again and i decided to join anyway. this is my final year and i don't get this kind of chances anymore. i should challenge myself to think more positively and rise to the occasion. who cares even if i get beaten in the first round?! maybe i'm lucky enough to win the lucky draw, which offers a squash racquet as the grand prize! :p

2 Comments:

At March 26, 2007 2:16 am, Blogger Rashidi Zin said...

Reading your post make me smile alone in SA. I can't believe thou, all that happens in 1 week :p

Anyway, looking forward for another badminton match. Really enjoyed last week session.

 
At March 26, 2007 1:32 pm, Blogger buster_t said...

why not?! a lot more happened but i just did not blurt everyhting out in that post...

yeah, badminton was fun! however, i guess i have to play less as there isn't much time left... the assignments & final year project is definitely killing me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home